AmyLand

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Long Time, No Post

It has been brought to my attention that I have been lax in my duties as blog maven...
so sorry! There has been so much that's gone on since my last post that I have no hope of catching up, but I'll try to hit some of the high notes....starting with the new chickens we brought to the farm a few weeks ago. When we all moved to the farm in September of 05, 5 chickens and 1 rooster came along. Gradually, thanks to an ambitious fox, we lost the chickens one by one until we had just Diesel (rooster) and Rebecca (hen). Weeellllll....Diesel was taken away by something about 4 weeks ago and poor Rebecca was all alone and very lonesome. A friend had a few "extra" chickens so, I'd like to introduce:

Barak & Hillary...neither was really grooving on the whole photo op. experience


This is John Edwards...he's still quite young but I think will be a handsome dude. He does seem to cluck with a southern accent.....


His lovely wife Elizabeth Edwards. She's also very young...
hopefully she and John Edwards will get busy and add to our flock!

This is Bernice. She's my favorite....very sweet and likes to perch on my baseball cap. She's already laying eggs and we hope that she may get broody and give us some babies one day.

This is the only picture I have of Rebecca...she's the lighter hen in the foreground. They were all very busy eating whole wheat/buckwheat pancakes and would not look at the camera!

I love the chickens...they are really funny creatures with a strong sense of the dramatic. I hope we can add to the flock soon and I have a fond wish to be able to post one day soon about our new turkey. I am campaigning to add a turkey to the mix...

4 Comments:

At 4/25/2007, Blogger Crowzma said...

Do not campaign. Acquire. Ok, it's not exactly Yoda, but you get the picture. Go out and get a turkey!! And thanks for the update, finally. I can almost hear the clucking ...

 
At 4/30/2007, Blogger Knatolee said...

Oh, chickens!! THey are beautiful. Five minutes after we move onto our new farm in September, I am getting me some chickens. But rooster or no rooster? And turkeys, I love turkeys!

Also, your chickens have the BEST names ever. I hope I can do as well with my flock.

Glad to see your blog in action again, too. :)

 
At 5/31/2007, Blogger Crowzma said...

Sooo .... Ms. Amy - nothing new in Amyland?? I think not ...

 
At 4/01/2008, Blogger Southern Latitudes said...

Amy, you need to blog more frequently than once a year. I enjoyed the updates on the pups & chickens.

We're incubating Leghorns right now. I'm hoping to keep a couple hens if our city will let me.

I may need your help.
Robin from k9-l

 

Post a Comment

<< Home