Let's see if I can figure this out...

If I can successfully manage to create this blog in the first place, I should be able to figure out how to add pictures to my posting, non?
These are the chickens that Jack and Mary Martha like to wrangle. Alas, since the picture was taken, one of the ladies was done away with by the fox that just moved into the neighborhood. We talked about making the chickens live only in their house and teeny chicken yard, but they love their life as FreeBirds. (anyone else flashing back to Jr. Highschool dances??)
Did I do this right??

12 Comments:
Did you do what right? Decide that the chickens should be FREE, or add their picture to your blog?
Ooooooh! Chickens are one of the first things I want when we get our little hobby farmette. The girls are lovely. Sorry about the fox... the price you pay for freedom, I guess. Sniff!
I really love the chickens...they're funny and just go about their chickeny lives with great aplomb. I'm trying to persuade Tom and Pam that we need a few turkeys, but so far I've had no luck. If this were my own place, I'd have more chickens, a few turkeys and a llama by now!
OOooh! TUrkeys and llamas. I am so with you on that!
...Thus rewriting New Hampshire's motto, to Live Free and Die. So sorry. But your other chickens are very pretty, as are the fat foxes no doubt!
And another thing:
NO LLAMAS!!!!!
And another thing:
NO LLAMAS!!!!!
(am I making myself clear?)
Um, I'll hide the llamas when you visit! :D
Geez, Amy, you have gotten more comments on this post than *I* ever have gotten on one post in my blog!
Jeal-ass...
(Oaky, so three are from me. Details, details!)
If you get turkeys, I will come. If you get turkeys, I will come. If you get turkeys, I will come.....
Turkeys I can do! Do they have rescue turkeys?
Ignoring Amy completely for the moment, I saw a nice 56-acre farm in Gatineau on the MLS this morning (though I think it's a little overpriced!) Nice house, nice outbuildings, nice fenced pasture. The turkeys would be quite happy there!
I won't be eating any of our farm animals. I can steal eggs out from under chickens, but that's about it. I'm happy to eat other people's livestock (hypocrite) but I don't think I could dispatch and eat my own!
Okay, while the chickens are lovely, it's TIME FOR ANOTHER POST!!! :D
Post a Comment
<< Home